Friday, August 13, 2010

Saying Goodbye


This goodbye was particularly hard for me because we are moving to Memphis from our little house in the woods in about 3 weeks. We found this house halfway completed when we moved to Montgomery about 5 years ago. The property is on about 2 acres in the Blue Ridge foothills north of Montgomery that used to be used as deer hunting property. We have resided with the wild critters you would expect in this type of setting, so it has been fun to sit on our screened porch and watch. I don't think Clark liked it as much as I did, but I really loved living out here. And what is so frustrating to us is that we have not been able to sell it! -- sign of the times I guess-- I dread going back to the city lights, noises, and locks. I never look over my shoulder unless it is at a bluebird. Emma Kate was the perfect little house guest---until her parents showed up with her little sister to take her home.

No comments: