Sunday, August 15, 2010

HENRU


Before I brought Emma Kate back with me from Houston, I spent a week in Austin with my older daughter, Leah, and her two little boys. Leah's husband, Paul, was traveling to Colorado for the week, so I went to help out. Henry is 4 and Milo is 11 months, so we were quite busy. BUT somehow, I have the role of playmate in Henry's mind every time I go, so I am his partner in imagination.......and I do mean free thinking......We play for hours zapping bad guys with sticks, being rescued from the sewer via an ambulance or the police, and if we need more characters, he conjures up his imaginary friend, Henru to fill in where we need him. He orchestrates our plots, and we need to stay pretty close to his script. I sleep really well at Leah's , because I have been talking non stop, which is really not too much of a stretch for me, but in this case......... Playing with Henry is so different than putting on make-up with Katie's girls. love it.

No comments: